“On 13 February ARTIO filed an application with the Fair Work Commission(FWC) to amend its rules to:
1. Reflect the correct names of the associated state bodies – this entails the amendment of its eligibility rule;
2. Ensure that the language used in the Rules is gender neutral;
3. Adopt some recommendations made by the Australian Electoral Commission following the last ARTIO election cycle;
4. Modernise the language used throughout the Rules;
5. Make other consequential amendments.
ARTIO expects this process to take several months and it could involve hearings in the FWC.”